Re: HTTP/2 response completed before its request

On 1 July 2014 11:48, William Chan (陈智昌) <willchan@chromium.org> wrote:
> I think Jesse didn't explicitly say that the response didn't complete. The
> application code at the client that issued the request hasn't started
> reading the response. It's not pumping both the write and reads, just the
> writes. Therefore, its receive window can shrink to 0 and stall the server's
> sending of the response. Both the request and responses are stalled on flow
> control.

Yes, but the fix is to pump reads too.  And if the server finishes the
response (i.e., we have a transition to half closed (remote) at the
client), then the client has no reason to continue to waste uplink
bandwidth.  So RST_STREAM NO_ERROR seems about right.