#539: Priority from server to client

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 17:09:25 +1000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
<https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/539>

I thought we'd discussed this a bit in NYC, but don't see anything in the minutes.

How do people feel about this? Herve has made a proposal in a pull request:
  <https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/pull/526/files>

Personally, my .02 - I get nervous when a protocol element has different semantics depending on what direction it's travelling; e.g., Cache-Control turned out to be very confusing. It feels like that's going on here too; in one direction, it's a priority request, whereas in the other it seems like a declaration...

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/