Re: current HTTP/2 spec prevents gzip of response to "Range" request

Up to now the accept-encoding is a negotiation and the implied one is
not well worn. Potentially a HTTP/1.1 to HTTP2 gateway may be used to
allow HTTP/1.1 clients to talk to HTTP2 servers. Existing HTTP/1.1
clients may not support C-E gzip and the gateway can't do the
decompression without affecting HTTP/1.1 functionality like range
requests. So some HTTP/1.1 clients will be incompatible to the HTTP2
world. This is okay if there is an agreement that this is acceptable.

Roland