Re: Support for gzip at the server #424 (Consensus Call)

On 21.03.2014 00:58, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> In truth, I'm not entirely happy about the requirement for clients to
> support compressed responses, but tolerate it both because we have
> broad support for it, and its integration is relatively simple; it
> might require intermediaries to selectively decompress for 1.1
> clients, but that's pretty straightforward.
I have a concern about this in the presence of range requests /
supporting range requests but not gzip. The gateway can't decompress a
potential range response when the start isn't included. What should the
gateway do to a ETag header when it needs to decompress?

Roland