Re: Preliminary minutes from the Design Team Meeting: WPAD and Proxy.pac

Since proxy.pac tells you which hosts should be proxied and where the proxy
can be found, it is about discovery, just like WPAD. There was general
interest in the topic of discovery, including the possibility that in path
interception is actually the best form of it. In general, describing the
problems in the current discovery mechanisms should be part of the
informational doc on proxies that was discussed as a next work item for the
working group. It shouldn't be limited to WPAD or proxy.pac or whatever in
my opinion.

Peter