Re: Proxies and packet loss

But also implied in your point is that forward proxies will eventually be
deploying an improved transport (QUIC for instance), which would have
wonderful performance benefits for users. And is one more reason why
improving the proxy discovery mechanism in HTTP/2 (or, more accurately, in
RFCs that follow upon the core spec) is so important. Service providers
(mobile, satellite, and other) could offer their users an immediate
performance boost across all browsers and all content servers if their
proxies deployed a fast transport like QUIC and auto-discovery is well
designed.

Thanks,

Peter