Re: new version trusted-proxy20 draft

On 19/02/2014 07:37, "William Chan (陈智昌)" <willchan@chromium.org> wrote:
>That said, I still agree
>with Patrick that there doesn't seem any reason to allow
>differentiation of http vs https traffic. If the user agent and origin
>agree to put http traffic over a user-agent<=>origin TLS connection,
>then they should be allowed to do so without having to mark it via
>ALPN.

As far as I understand, the browser could just decide to use h2 for
everything and thus opt-out completely.

The h2clr flag is a hint that the user agent can give to the network.  It
allows an on-path proxy to jump in, provide strong identity proof, and (if
explicitly allowed) MITM the user’s http requests sent over HTTP/2.0+TLS.

Thus, under user consent, the cache/inspection/whatever function for
non-https traffic that used to work with cleartext HTTP/1.x is re-enabled.
 Win-win?

Cheers