Re: HPACK: replace Huffman by possibly faster and more efficient FSE (Finite State Entropy)

Frédéric,

Certainly looks interesting, although IMHO all of this focus on compression for HTTP/2.0 is premature - yes, we can reduce the size of the request/response headers even more, but once you get past optimizing the initial request/response (initial page load time) any further gains are just "nice to have".

Better to have a simpler HTTP/2.0 that achieves the chartered goals than to create a much harder to implement HTTP/2.0 that offers only a modest improvement in perceived performance/responsiveness.  And IMHO adding Huffman or FSE falls into the "harder to implement for a modest improvement" category.