Re: END_SEGMENT? (#397)

On 30 June 2014 09:43, Daniel Sommermann <dcsommer@fb.com> wrote:
> What's the right order to tackle this issue? Can we remove END_SEGMENT and
> then patch the websockets proposal, or do we need to have a story for
> websockets first?

I think that we have to resolve the issue, either:

a) A new protocol (like websockets) can be layered on top
of/integrated with HTTP/2 without changing the application negotiation
token, as long as the properties of the protocol are compatible.  That
is, intermediaries that support HTTP/2 can carry websockets.

b) A new protocol needs a new application negotiation token.