Re: intermediaries, implicit gzip, etags, no-transform

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 01:50:23 +0200, Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
wrote:

> "Martin Nilsson" wrote:
>>
>> It also depends on what your view is on the authority over data.
>> Should the origin server overrule the user agents decision?
>>

> Yes; with my content-publisher hat on, only I can be authoritative
> about my data. If we make user-agents authoritative, why should I
> bother to publish if I then have no mechanism to be authoritative about
> my own content, when necessary?

I'm only talking about browsers here. The final interpretation of the data
lies with the browser, and is not only built into browsers where addons
and configuration changes modifies this, but into standards itself, like
user style sheets for CSS.

/Martin Nilsson