Re: Trusted proxy UI strawman

On 20/06/14 01:52, Richard Wheeldon (rwheeldo) wrote:
> From: Jason Greene [mailto:jason.greene@redhat.com]
>> IMO this topic points at a general need for the web to have finer
>> grained encryption.
>
> Yup. Couldn't agree more. I don't care if the NSA knows I'm pulling
> down the Google logo - it's not interesting to me or them.

I don't think that last bit is correct. [1] I've no idea
if that cookie is sent for the logo though, but I'd be
surprised if they were not interested.

> I see an opportunity with the framing work in HTTP/2 to introduce
> crypto at the frame / stream layer. I think it'll be a long road
> though,

It probably would be a long road. Selective field confidentiality
is also hard to do well without lots of complexity.

S.

[1]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/12/10/nsa-uses-google-cookies-to-pinpoint-targets-for-hacking/