Re: Stuck in a train -- reading HTTP/2 draft.

On Jun 18, 2014, at 4:21 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

>> I think that we discussed this and decided against it.  Happy to
>> follow up, but I'd have thought that the gains would be marginal.
>
> Was that discussion before or after HPACK ?
>
> I would expect HPACKs efficiency to increase if the constant-ish
> :path part were divorced from the dynamic-ish :query part ?

I think you are on to something with separating headers which represent sensitive user data from the more transport oriented data. If it’s separate it can potentially be encrypted without the need (or desire) for the proxy to decrypt it (e.g. the bank example in the strawman thread).

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat