Re: Stuck in a train -- reading HTTP/2 draft.

On 19/06/2014 6:52 p.m., Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <53A283C6.4030601@treenet.co.nz>, Amos Jeffries writes:
>
>> How about we proxy people collude and define a proxy SETTINGS extension
>> to turn on lots of these types of optimizations?
>
> This is not really a proxy issue, this is a performance issue that
> affects every HTTP/2.0 node in the net.
>
> Do only proxy people care about performance, CPU-load etc ?

Trying to convince people in advance has been going in circles so far. I
am thinking we need to demonstrate the benefits and now that extensions
are permitted do not actually need to convince anyone before starting to
get some incremental gains between "the believers".

Amos