Re: Stuck in a train -- reading HTTP/2 draft.

Yep. Using a variable length encoding 5 bytes is the max we would need for
all practical purposes.

I'm all for dropping Date entirely, tho. That doesn't help us with the
other date headers, but it helps. Last-Modified and If-Modified-Since are
both great candidates for five-byte encoding.

It's too bad the WG didn't pick up on such an obvious improvement but, oh
well I guess.

- James