Re: Stuck in a train -- reading HTTP/2 draft.

In message <CABkgnnWs0Zcb-s1K_xxSM2nkji6YMEHvXz+qfcJL0fJj2wvF0g@mail.gmail.com>
, Martin Thomson writes:
>On 18 June 2014 13:06, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>> Date is a hop-by-hop header, if it serves no use on a HTTP/2.0 to
>> HTTP/2.0 hop, we can eliminate it, just like we eliminated the
>> double CRNL after the headers, because it serves no use.
>
>It's not hop-by-hop by my reading:
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-7.1.1.2

Hmm, you may be right.

In that case we should transfer the time as a POSIX time_t in the
HEADERS frame.  Wasting time huffman encoding dates and still
using 24 bytes where 8 would be plenty is just plain stupid.