Re: what about Proxies in Toronto?

On 2014-06-12 22:28, Salvatore Loreto wrote:

> thanks to the productive meeting in NewYork we are almost done with HTTP/2,
> this is really great.
>
> As currently we have almost no issues open on HTTP2,
> perhaps we can take the opportunity to spend some time during the IETF in Toronto
> (in the case the wg decides to meet in Toronto) to start to talk more about proxies
> and how to accommodate them in the new reality.
>
> during the last months there have been several drafts authored by several people
> describing problems about proxies, listening requirements and some drafting possible solutions;
> and also good discussions about proxies in this mailing list and during the non official day in London
> so we should have already enough to discuss and maybe we might also make some good progress
> at least on the draft describing the proxy problems.

+1 - that's one thing that keeps coming up and that we have parked due
to HTTP/2 being the priority.

There are also other things to think about for future HTTP work, such
as, in no particular order:

- how to handle RFC723? errata

- addressing the C-E/Range Request issue

- enhanced discover of C-E support

- common header field syntax (JSON?)

...essentially all HTTP related topic that have come up in the past but
was but aside due to other priorities.

Best regards, Julian