Re: Header Size? Was: Our Schedule

In message <CAP+FsNeS8wEbHz6zJnvJRNgJ+hneznC29zzJg_WZk3ApL-iiQQ@mail.gmail.com>
, Roberto Peon writes:

>Poul's proposal to put routing info at the front pre-supposes that all
>proxies use the same information for routing.

No it doesn't "pre-suppose".

It *optimizes* for the most common and highest-performance-pressure
use case, so that we have some chance of taking a 40gb/s or 1tb/s
firehose and split it out to a multitude of more manageable streams,
without holding state.

If a proxy wants to examine more fields than what is in the
route-header, it's free to do so, but will incur whatever complexity
and overhead any compression and/or encryption carries.

But I will grant you that putting the method (GET/PUT etc) in there
would make sense.