Re: Negotiating compression

On 5/28/14, 5:52 PM, James M Snell wrote:

> So are we getting back to the "they can just keep using http/1.1"
> argument or do I misunderstand your point?

Yes.  That's not to say people shouldn't adapt HTTP/2 to other uses.
Just that HTTP/2 needn't adapt to *all* uses.  And perhaps the onus
should be on those who don't want to do compression to indicate that
HTTP/2 to them is still useful.  If there are enough of them, this is an
easily solved problem: just use another identifier of HTTP/2 in ALPN
that indicates no compression. h2c is taken.

Eliot