Re: Negotiating compression

Partly the responsibility if compression can be used is given to the
applications. With a potential new API they may specify that some
headers should not be compressed. So a plan B could be to always use
this (or simply blame the application that they were not following the
recommendations).

Roland

draft-ietf-httpbis-header-compression-07 in section 5.1.
Compression-based Attacks:

HPACK enables an endpoint to indicate that a header field must never be
compressed, across any hop up to the other endpoint (see Section 4.3.3
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-compression-07#section-4.3.3>).
An endpoint MUST use this feature to prevent the compression of any
header field whose value contains a secret which could be put at risk by
a brute-force attack.