Re: Our Schedule

On Mon, 26 May 2014 19:53:21 +0200, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> The previous discussion that Patrick was referring to has a lot of
> background.

I can go further back in time and say that we considered headers to be a
problem both to get requests ouy quickly in Opera Turbo and that headers
sometimes created a significant overhead in the response path. We use a
much simper compression thouhg. Both Opera Mini and Opera Turbo uses delta
compression on header level and Mini also uses static header name table
(kind of) and typed values (i.e. you can send a date or a size as an n
byte integer).

/Martin Nilsson