From: phluid61@gmail.com [mailto:phluid61@gmail.com] On Behalf Of matthew@kerwin.net.au
Sent: Tuesday,29 April 2014 08:53
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Cc: Martin Thomson
Subject: Re: #466 segment compression

Sorry for replying to myself.

On 29 April 2014 16:26, Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au<mailto:matthew@kerwin.net.au>> wrote:
All three operations (determining frame length, compressing frames, and padding) are hop-by-hop operations, and any intermediary can second-guess or obstinately undo the previous hop's choices if it wants.

​I just noticed the ​bit in 10.6 that says that intermediaries can't add compression. Is that the delineation to which you referred in #466 Martin?  That text introduces complexity I hadn't imagined when proposing per-frame compression. I'll think about it some more.

--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.