Re: Indicating Chosen Service #443

When we've started mocking up what we might implement here, it seems to be
impossible to prevent fairly common pathological situations without at
least a flag, at least when there is any overlap between the servers
handling initial and altsvc requests (which seems likely in some cases).
The hacks around this (different IPs, setting cookies and hoping they match
up, etc) get ugly fast.

I'd agree on what you suggest around the "do it right".  (ie, a frame that
directly mirrors the ALTSVC that was used.)

There are certainly risks around client fingerprinting if abused, although
particularly concerned clients could ignore the ALTSVC sent by the server.