Re: #445: Transfer-Codings

On 24 April 2014 11:51, Johnny Graettinger <jgraettinger@chromium.org> wrote:
> Perhaps it would be preferable to use the existing segment mechanism
> instead?

I think that this is reasonable, and on balance, probably the right solution.

I remain skeptical over claims that intermediaries are able to add
padding, partly due to lack of information, and partly due to the fact
that the intermediary is presumably getting data unpadded, which
probably needs the same sort of protection.  There's a long-standing
principle that I think is applicable in this case.  That principle
states that end-to-end is the only real security.