Re: GOAWAY and proxies (#458)

On 22 April 2014 10:35, Daniel Sommermann <dcsommer@fb.com> wrote:
> I couldn't find any text in the spec for how to process multiple GOAWAY
> frames. This can actually happen today, apart from this proposal, if some
> connection level error happens on the final stream(s) after a GOAWAY
> NO_ERROR. Just to keep in mind while drafting the new text.

It's on my list of edits for today :)

It was already implicitly possible.  For instance, if a server is
shutting down and indicated acceptance of stream 19, but an error
occurred before it starts processing stream 19, it should be able to
signal the error immediately with stream 17, allowing the client to
automatically retry the request from stream 19.  That said, I doubt
that anyone would have implemented handling of the second GOAWAY
correctly.