RE: HTTP/2 Priorities Proposal

I agree that there are no guarantees, but I think that if a group is discarded by the server due to memory pressure, then that means that the server is relinquishing any pretension to do any prioritization based on client hints.
On the other hand, a server need to discard closed streams and if it is too eager to discard top level streams, the client lose some ability to re-prioritize a whole sub-tree of streams.

Hervé.