Re: GOAWAY and proxies (#458)

On 21 April 2014 17:24, Daniel Sommermann <dcsommer@fb.com> wrote:
> Actually, the extra ack GOAWAY only avoids this issue for high RPS proxy <->
> server connections. For low RPS connections, the server's hard shutdown
> timeout would probably fire before all the extra MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS are
> requested, so the same old race condition still applies. Our proxy/server
> connections are extremely busy, so we haven't noticed this shortcoming of
> the workaround.

As long the server waits >1RTT after sending the first GOAWAY before
identifying the *real* last request, isn't that enough?

Sure, if your clients exceed MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS before the RTT is
up, then you are pretty much guaranteed to be OK, but that's a clear
sign that you are setting MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS too low.