Re: Frame Length Restrictions

On 16 April 2014 17:34, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com> wrote:
> With the addition of padding to the framing layer, I believe it is
> preferable to implement the frame length requirement at the HTTP layer to
> allow intermediaries to pad frames without running into frame length
> restrictions.

The natural follow-on question is: if we allow 64K frames, why not let
a header block fill the entire thing?  It's not like the smaller frame
size has a flow control advantage.  The only advantage is in ensuring
that padding space is available.  But limiting the length to 32K would
work adequately for that too.