Re: BLOCKED frame specification

On Apr 9, 2014, at 12:15 AM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 April 2014 12:02, Yoav Nir <ynir.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It looks good to me, except I would replace the word “debugging” with the word “troubleshooting”.  The former is usually associated with implementation development, whereas the latter is associated with figuring out why my download keeps breaking up.
>
> Can I infer from this response that you want this feature Yoav?

I want the information that it conveys, and this seems like a workable way of providing it.  I don’t think a RST_STREAM code or GOAWAY data can replace this, because they will only occur after a timeout. The BLOCKED frame can be sent after a much shorter time (1 RTT?) or even immediately.

On second thought, “debugging” is probably more important, because correct implementations should never reach this state.

Yoav