Re: BLOCKED frame specification

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Hasan Khalil wrote:

> The BLOCKED frame contains no payload and does not define any flags.
> Semantically the BLOCKED frame is used to indicate to a remote endpoint that
> data subject to flow control was available to be sent, and that the
> underlying transport was ready to send said data, but was prohibited from
> sending said data due to either stream-level or connection-level flow
> control windows being nonpositive.

Maybe it should be stressed that this flow control is really the http2 flow
control (as described in section 5.2) and no other flow that may be involved
in a stack. A server could get tempted to send a "BLOCKED" to the client to
signal that it could've done something better (beyond http2) that would've
gotten it the data that it now didn't get.

I'm not convinced this frame will do much good. I'm neutral about it.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se