Re: TLS Renegotiation and HTTP/2 (#363)

Martin - when you put it like that.. yeach!

I'm glad to hear you're not terribly enamored with option #1 - it seems
like there are process dragons there and since it requires a new connection
and handshake it isn't exactly winning any performance merit badges either.
I was a little nervous about that road.

At least given this presentation, #2 does take on a certain shine it hasn't
really had in the past :). The quiescent issues can always be bounded with
RST_STREAM if that's a priority for the application. It actually doesn't
strike me as terribly complex to describe or implement. Operationally I
think some degree of awkwardness is going to be connected to any of these.

3 and 4 seem considerably less desirable to me. 5 is ideal but
insufficiently described for standardization :)

-P