Re: disabling header compression

This becomes exactly like sending Content-Encoded: gzip on requests in
http/1 if compression is optional. In other words - it would be horribly
broken.

game it out.. you increase adoption of servers that don't receive
compression and you don't negotiate that separately with alpn. Now clients
send a burst of 30 parallel requests in the same cwnd on the first rtt (the
real value of the compression) and they all get reset and have to start
over,, that's one wasted rtt.. and now the client has to send those same
requests again, but uncompressed and across 3 rtts because they don't fit
in the cwnd anymore.

That's +3 rtt. blech!

I don't want to increase adoption of whatever that lazy protocol is called
because it sucks compared to http/2. :)

I want http/2 to be able to always count on what makes spdy work well:
multiplexing, compression, prioritization, and [though some will panic at
its mere mention] better crypto. It requires some effort, stipulated.

fwiw - CRIME forced me to effectively disable gzip upstream in firefox-spdy
(its gzip formatted, but all literals) and its easy to see the +~2RTT
penalty in benchmarks. Give spdy a lot of credit here - it demonstrated the
value of header compression and that we don't want to do it with a stream
compressor. Running code ftw.

-P