Re: What will incentivize deployment of explicit proxies?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:27:24 -0800
To: Werner Baumann <werner.baumann@onlinehome.de>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 6 December 2013 12:26, Werner Baumann <werner.baumann@onlinehome.de> wrote:
> [...] the dogma that users are stupid.

Not stupid, never stupid.  It's respect.

UI surface area imposes costs upon users.  We cannot - should not -
externalize our problems by shunting them on users.

This isn't purely a security problem either; there are security
aspects to this, but they aren't the only concerns.  I expect better
of Will than to try to shift focus onto some faceless "security team",
he owns some responsibility here too.