Re: Yet another trusted proxy suggestion

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 09:37:22 +0000
To: Yoav Nir <synp71@live.com>, HTTP Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Hi Yoav,

On 11/28/2013 07:51 AM, Yoav Nir wrote:

> I'd love to hear more comments on this. If there's interest I could
> write it up in a draft, but having been burned twice, I'd like to know
> there's interest first.

I think your caution is wise.

Let me ask one of the possibly many hard questions: say I'm a bank,
wouldn't the result of your proposal be that I'd not be able to
turn on HTTP/2.0 because e.g. one of my regulators somewhere would
forbid me agreeing to exposing my customer's credentials to one
or more such proxies?

I'd love if we had a real bank asking that question btw, since
I'm just guessing, and am not and never have been a bank:-) But
we don't seem to have anyone like that on the list asking.

Ta,
S.