Re: #305 Header ordering

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:36:18 -0800
To: RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 26 November 2013 08:40, RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr> wrote:
> For HPACK, this means that we need to remove the ordering requirements for emission. Add we should probably add that header values should not be split at the compaction layer.

I didn't realize that you did have ordering requirements on emission.
I wouldn't have thought that you would change any of the text around
emission, though you might say - as a more general statement - that
headers can be emitted in any order.

BTW, I think that Section 3.1.5 should be moved under Section 3.2.
Section 3.1 is about the encoder, but 3.1.5 is about the decoder.
http://http2.github.io/http2-spec/compression.html#header.emission