Re: #305 Header ordering

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:20:13 -0800
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I think you're getting the proposal mixed up a little here.

1. We're creating special rules for Cookie, but those rules are
separable.  One value emitted only (multiple carried).  No nulls
needed there.

2. Set-Cookie is already special, but since ordering doesn't matter,
allow the compressor to emit these in any order, no concatenation.  It
remains as a perpetual gotcha, but no proposal was going to change
that characteristic.

3. Everything else already has rules for handling multiple header
field name-value pairs.  Leverage those existing rules and require
concatenate on encode to preserve order (unless you know that order
doesn't matter, which might let you get some compression efficiency,
c.f. cache-control).