Re: Call for Proposals re: #314 HTTP2 and http:// URIs on the "open" internet

From: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:19:38 -0800
To: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
Cc: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I'm suggesting that IF a site supports HTTP/2 over TLS (generally over
:443, but that isn't required as we know, e.g. https://foo.com:1234/bar):
It MUST accept HTTPS schemed URLS.
It MAY accept HTTP schemed URLS

And:
If a site does accept HTTP schemed URLS, it MUST NOT reject them with a
status code indicating that the client shouldn't retry HTTP schemed URLs
over TLS.
If a site does NOT accept HTTP schemed URLS, it MUST reject them with a
status code indicating that the client shouldn't retry HTTP schemed URLs
over TLS.

This requires nothing new, makes nothing uncompliant.
-=R