Re: A proposal

In message <CAJ3HoZ2bFzofxyX16W_4rpw6z3mp-T3+n+TO-VtUeWGdwtKtOw@mail.gmail.com>
, Robert Collins writes:
>On 18 November 2013 21:43, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>
>> But I find it somewhat futile to move forward at the technical
>> level, if we can't even agree if the US government banning HTTP/2
>> should count as success or failure for the WG ?
>
>You had me right up to here. Has the US government banned SSH ?

99.99%+ of the people on the net does not use SSH.

If HTTP/2.0 came out and denied NSA 99% of their take, you can bet
that something political would happen.

Most likely in the form of big vendors being leaned on.

(Why, for instance, do you think VIA could add AES to their CPU
instruction sets, when Intel and AMD could not ?  It's not like
it isn't a very obvious idea, is it ?)