on the long-term viability of http/1.1 as a fall-back option

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 23:21:06 +0000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi all again

another thing that has been bugging me is the number of comments about
just using http/1.1 in such and such a use case where e.g. crypto is not
desirable.

IMO this may work in the short term, but as more of the internet moves
to http/2.0 which hopefully will solve some other security and
performance issues with the current web, there will be increased
pressure to turn off http/1.1 in corporate networks if only to minimise
risk of continued exposure to those issues.

So I don't think relying on indefinite continued availability of
http/1.1 versions or infrastructure is realistic - at least not in the
extent to which it is currently deployed.

Adrien