Re: something I don't get about the current plan...

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com> wrote:

> how confident are we that the infrastructure can even handle everyone
> having a cert?

100% certain.

> what happens when some script kiddie with a bot net decides to DoS
> ocsp.verisign.com?

The same thing that happens when verisign goes down for a few minutes...
 Browsers give the green lights to users (with a few exceptions) because it
would be silly to take down the net just because verisign is down.

http://blog.spiderlabs.com/2011/04/certificate-revocation-behavior-in-modern-browsers.html

Of course, we need to fix this too, even for our existing web.  But the
fact that TLS isn't a panacea doesn't mean that it is useless either.

mike