Re: A proposal

If you choose to deploy plaintext http/2 for your server,  and you want
people to use that,  then use http2://. Detection of browser capability to
handle http2 links is orthogonal.  If you want a better, more reliable,
more seamless experience,  use  http2 over TLS.

The idea here is to purposefully not solve all of the possible issues with
plaintext http/2. Rather,  we make plaintext http/2 possible for those
willing to put up with the extra pain while optimizing only for the secure
path.