Re: How HTTP 2.0 mandatory security will actually reduce my personal security

Roberto,

On Nov 15, 2013, at 3:00 AM, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is explicitly an option for unencrypted HTTP/2, but not over the "open" internet, since that is known/provent to be unreliable.

I have a real problem with trying to spec “don’t do this over the open Internet”.

And IIRC the IETF frowns on protocols that special-case local usage - the assumption that Internet access to http:// URIs usually occurs through proxies while https:// URIs are “safe” has already been shown to be invalid, and I suspect that organizations that deploy proxies may not limit their use to “outside” traffic, so local access may indeed have the same issues as remote, for both http:// and https:// URIs.

The challenge, then, is how we can work with the HTTP/1.1 rules for proxies instead of trying to work around them.  Otherwise we really do have a completely new protocol and need to treat it as such (new port number, http2:// URIs, etc.)