Re: How HTTP 2.0 mandatory security will actually reduce my personal security

There is explicitly an option for unencrypted HTTP/2, but not over the
"open" internet, since that is known/provent to be unreliable.

And in my personal opinion, HTTP is a poor mechanism for cached content: it
allows for a very limited distribution model and (amongst other things)
doesn't adequately differentiate between resources that should be public,
but verifiably unmodified, and private resources.
I wish that we had a different protocol (and I've been talking about this
for a while actually) for public, cacheable content. I've proposed such in
the past, but don't have the bandwidth to work on it until HTTP/2 is done.
The basics of the (now old, but still unimplemented) idea there are,
however, that everything is a subset of peer-to-peer, and thus the large
part of the innovation that should be done is in the policy about how the
data is to be distributed in a potentially peer-to-peer network
As an example, imagine a policy which could indicate that, for any
arbitrary byterange of a resource first try from the origin, then the local
ISP supernode, and if those fail, try from peers.
In this imagined world/protocol, the SlashDot effect would be a thing of
the past, even for those sites not using a CDN, since the more users there
were of a site, the more peers there would be for the content.
... but this is waaaaay off topic now.

-=R