Re: Moving forward on improving HTTP's security

> Agree with Tim; I am also in support of 100% TLS all the time.

Here are some nice quotes from the EFF about the system you are supporting (without any explanation):

As we learned from the SSL Observatory project, there are 600+ Certificate Authorities that your browser will trust; the attacker only needs to find one of those 600 that she is capable of breaking into. This has been happening with catastrophic results.

Certificate-based attacks are a concern all over the world, including in the U.S., since governments everywhere are eagerly adopting spying technology to eavesdrop on the public. Vendors of this technology seem to suggest the attacks can be done routinely.

In many cases, people's lives are literally ended (or destroyed) because of this system.

I do not support such a system, and am very suspicious of folks voicing their support without a word of explanation.

I am reminded of how easy it is for a malicious entity to infiltrate a group and manipulate their opinion through sock-puppets. Not to say that you are one, but it's something that I'm reminded of each time I come across these types of situations.

Let's not have another NSA/NIST situation here.

Links:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/03/iranian-hackers-obtain-fraudulent-https
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/09/post-mortem-iranian-diginotar-attack

Cheers,