Re: Question on flow control for a single file transfer

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 16:34:52 -0800
To: Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Cc: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 4 November 2013 16:32, Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe flow control is off until the receiver sends its first window update.

I'm afraid that doesn't work.  Once flow control is off, you need a
clear synchronization point upon which to restart it.  We haven't
defined that and my sense is that there is no desire to take on that
complexity.

If you don't want flow control, the SETTINGS frame that you send
before anything else can be used to disable it (for you, you still
have to act responsibly as a packet sender).