Re: idea -- MAX_PUSH_RESOURCE_SIZE

Server push can currently be disabled.
The amount of each resource sent can be controlled at a fine-grained level,
and so it can be throttled.

Server push currently enables cache validation/invalidation, as well as
offering a replacement for inlining.

What you propose would make it unreliable and thus un-useful for the
second. People would simply inline stead, destroying all of the potential
benefits.
It seems like a bad idea.
-=R