Re: Expect: + Upgrade: = ...

On Sep 5, 2013, at 12:17 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Sep 2013, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
>> In any case, it is very unlikely that a client's first request to a server is a big POST.
>
> For a browser sure. For curl and libcurl users that's a fairly common use case. Or at least not a rare one.

and for CUPS and IPP...

However, like I said here and on the mailing list, since the client doesn't have to tear down the whole connection after a failed HTTP/2.0 POST request like it would for a failed HTTP/1.1 POST request, and since there is no guarantee that the client will get the initial status response before it decides to send the request body, dropping Expect support in HTTP/2.0 isn't the end of the world.  We should just make it clear that clients SHOULD stop sending the request body as soon as a status other than 100 is received from the server since, at that point, the stream will likely have been closed by the server.