Re: [tsvwg] The List (of application-layer desired features)

I think it's a fine thing to support long-term solutions that aren't
immediately deployable, assuming of course that's the right long-term
approach. But I think it's a mistake not to deploy something in the
meanwhile. Let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

For example, I think it's great that SCTP can work over UDP. People may
argue that it should really be deployed in kernels, and it's probably true
that it'd perform better that way, but it's significantly more deployable
when you layer it on top of UDP. So I think it was a smart choice to deploy
rtcweb using SCTP over UDP, rather than arguing that we should wait for
SCTP/IP to be deployed in relevant OSes and NATs/intermediaries.