Re: Proposal to measure end-user latency

My proposal wasn't to have an interaction between the application layer
and the protocol. So, I also agree.

My proposal is to have an optional measurement at the protocol level
itself. Uses cases could be for protocols over HTTP, like SOAP to have
automatically a minimal set of measurements without extra coding at
application layer.
Of course, it will be available for a HTML application that doesn't
implement any measurement at the application layer which, although it is
regrettable, is often the case.

However, it is true that a protocol is not there to overcome all the
misery of the world.