Re: Nice

On 16 August 2013 11:29, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> That said, I'm thinking that this could easily be implemented as a
> Prefer token per http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-http-prefer-18

I did consider Prefer when putting this together, and I almost used it
(you'll notice that there is a nice+wait example in the doc already).

The reason I didn't use Prefer is that my understanding is that Prefer
is probably going to be ignored by intermediaries, since the
formulation of Prefer is such that an origin server is where it is
targeted.  I also saw "Preference-Applied" as being a little
disingenuous in this context, despite on first blush appearing to be
relevant, I just can't conceive of any value in anything other than
the negative (that is, this preference was NOT applied).

That said, it does fit from one perspective.  That is, this is an
eminently ignorable header, and designed as such.