Re: :scheme and CONNECT method

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 09:40:18PM +0100, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 13 August 2013 20:24, Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusvaara@elisanet.fi> wrote:
> > END_STREAM <----> Half-close
>
> That reminds me.  Treating this as an approximation for a TCP
> connection isn't perfect if you permit the stream to remain half
> closed for a significant period.  I think that you have to treat
> END_STREAM as being equivalent to a TCP FIN.

At least for some things running over TCP one has to be able to half-
close the connection and precive peer's half-close or it just plain
won't work.

> > As note, this sort of stuff could also be applicable to upgrade
> > (internally emulate TCP connection)?
>
> I see no reason to support upgrade.  We're providing plenty of other
> hooks for upgrading prior to commencing HTTP/2.0.  You can use ALPN or
> HTTP/1.1 Upgrade.

I don't mean X -> HTTP/2.0 upgrade, but upgrading a stream from HTTP/2.0
to something else.

E.g. Full-blown websockets implementation (as opposed to potentially
simplified one built into HTTP/2.0).

-Ilari